Here are steps to root Samsung galaxy s3 smartphone using ODIN.
- Download KIES 3.0, and install it.
- Before root the device, please backup all important data.
- Make sure the battery is greater than 80% / fully charged.
- Set the smartphone on Debugging Mode ( Setting -> Applications -> Developement -> USB Debugging ).
- Turn off the smartphone, if you are not sure please unplug the battery for about 10 second and plug the battery it back.
- Going the smartphone to Download Mode ( press the VOLUME DOWN + POWER + HOME simultaneously)
- Press VOL UP to continue.
- Going to PC, Run As Administrator, Odin Odin3-v1.85.exe
- Connecting the Galaxy S3 to the PC using GOOD USB data cable.
- Wait for second until Odin detecting your smartphone ( ID: COM change to the blue collor).
- Click PDA and chooseCF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar. (make sure that the extension of the file is *.tar instead of *.zip)
- Click Start button wait until the process is finished.
- Your smartphone will reboot automatically.
- Done, you will have addition apps (SuperSU, CWM and CWM Manager)